With Author B.A. Tortuga
Thank you for sitting down with me today and answering some questions.
I'll start us off with this question...
1. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? That faith is never misguided, even when you don’t understand how to justify it.
2. What book are you reading now or have read recently? Right now I am reading Bazaar of Dreams by Stephen King. I think King is one of the most talented short fiction writers that have ever lived and I’m so enjoying it!
3. What do you do when you are not writing? I quilt, sew, knit, crochet, draw, cook, color, garden, bake… If it involves making things, I love it.
4. Is there a scene that is harder for you to write than others? Such as love? Action? Racy? I HATE writing the sad parts. HATE IT. I’m a sap and I cry, all the way through.
5. Do you read your reviews? Do you have any advice for how to deal with the bad? I never read reviews under any circumstances. I have a trusted friend who will tell me if there’s something that I need to address – errors, etc., but for the most part, it interferes with my writing.
6. Do you have any strange writing habits ( like standing on your head or writing in the bathtub)? I need the right music to play. If you play the wrong music, I can’t write the story.
7. What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told? I spent 24 years living the lie of being straight.
8. If you had a free day and your mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do with your day? I’d sit and talk with my wife, drink a few cups of coffee, and go spend the day in our art studio
9. When you are driving down the road, what music do you listen to? Country, all the way. Tim McGraw, Willie Nelson, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Trent Willmon…
10. What is the most important thing in your life? What do you value the most? My wife. My child. My family. My friends.