ARC REVIEW: ✯✯COMPROMISED BY BAILEY QUEEN✯✯
Bailey Queen is a new author to me but I really connected to her writing style, and loved this book. Compromised starts out with a very hot and sexy one night stand between Ben, an FBI agent, and Tanner, a local rancher.
Ben gets on his motorcycle and just drives with no destination in mind. He’s frustrated with his career, has no love life, and is just overall miserable. He didn’t stop at a backwoods bar for anything other than a drink. However, when Tanner walks in, flirty and sexy, Ben follows him to the motel down the road.
Tanner doesn’t hide his sexuality. He works on his ranch and minds his own business. Going to the motel with Ben wasn’t planned but he felt a connection. When he wakes up and Ben is gone he kicks himself many times over for thinking it could have been more.
There are murders happening in Tanner’s town and it seems they all have a connection to him. When the FBI is assigned to find the killer, Ben will have to face Tanner and he doesn’t get the welcome he is expecting.
Tanner is pissed and rightly so. He doesn’t make it easy on Ben but he can tell the other agents swarming around his house have no clue that Ben is gay. He won’t out him but he doesn’t want anything to do with him either.
As the story takes off the author keeps your attention glued to the pages with action and drama. There is a killer in their mist and when it becomes apparent that the victims all have something in common with Tanner, Ben refuses to leave him unprotected.
Ben and Tanner have strong chemistry and the sexual vibes are explosive between them. The author focuses on the murder mystery as much as their connection so I was always smiling from ear to ear or holding my breath with suspense.
Compromised has everything I like in a story, and that is a fast-paced, lots of action and equal amounts of sexual chemistry with sparks and fireworks. These two had it in abundance and when they can’t hold back any longer it is intense. The murderer wasn’t handed to us in the early pages of the book, which I like. I did figure out who it was or I was pretty sure I knew, but that wasn’t until close to the end when the killer is revealed.
I really liked Bailey Queen’s writing style and the humor she instills in each character. Both of the MC’s were lovable and they complemented each other very well. The execution flowed smoothly and I liked the originality of the plot. There were moments that were scary waiting on the outcome but through the whole story I was always hoping for Ben and Tanner to realize their relationship was worth it and they belonged together.
Overall, the story was very enjoyable with just enough mystery and suspense to keep you committed to the end of the book. The bedroom scenes were hot and sexy and may or may not have you looking for a fan. I highly recommend this story to anyone who loves this genre and wants a fun and intense plot that does have a HEA. I definitely would read more stories from this author.
Product and Author Links
About the Author
Bailey Queen is the pseudo name of a romance and erotica author. It's my secret identity in the publishing world online. :)
I enjoy writing MM Romance, though I have also written straight erotica and MMF erotic romance. What do I write about in those genres?
Predominantly, in MM Romance, I write:
- Contemporary, mature stories with adult characters, working through inner demons and struggling with deep issues;
- Fantasy epics with an over-arching adventure/mystery/quest plot, all while two characters struggle to find the courage to admit their love;
- Paranormal psychological thrillers with characters searching for their footing - and the truth of their love - in a hurting, haunted, dangerous world. This includes spiritual and religious exploration and horror;
- Sci Fi series with characters from opposing peoples and cultures, working at odds in a tumultuous universe, and trying to find complimentary edges where they might see common ground;
- Military stories that show the true grit and hard-edged realities of life in combat, including the exhaustion, the aching lonliness, and the purity of each moment - the rush of life on the edge of a life-or-death brink.
Major themes I play with are:
- Adult dilemmas - no silliness, please. I like real-world struggles, real-world inner demons, and real-world fears.
- Military personas & alpha males.
- Darkness - how to find it, how to get lost in it, how to struggle out of it.
- A slow, simmering, languorous fall into love.
- Alien worlds, both fantasy and sci fi, with different people, different realms, and different ways of life.
- Deep, angsty, heart-rending emotions. I want you to feel. I want your heart to pound.
More than anything else, I want you to think of me as "serious" author, a "real-life" author, and an author who creates a "slice of life." If I'm succeeding, let me know! If I'm not, let me know! That's my goal, and I will always strive to achieve.
So, please - step into my worlds! :)
**I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review by Indigo Marketing and Design**